31.12.10

note to self.

I am firm believer of the saying: there is someone out there meant only for me and that when we finally meet, things would be perfect; our hands would fit each other perfectly, our hearts would at last combine, and that my "search" would finally be over. On the other hand, I also believe that there is actually no perfect relationship, or guy (or personality, for that matter) that is born or shaped just for me. My belief relates most to the quote: We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect one. Of course this is disputable but I think most of us tend to search for the right person and relationship instead of creating one. Wouldn't it be easier -and perhaps be resulting in less heart breaks- if during arguments, couples avoid the words: break up? Sometimes I wish, instead of saying "I'm sorry, but we are better off separated", things would be better if we say "let's work this out together". I'm not saying it would be easy, for we may not know whether things would really work out or get even worse, I'm saying we try. Sure, there'll be ups and downs to this and at some point we would perhaps look back and think it might be easier if we had given up, but what if we had given up the one and changed our so-called destiny? I'm not saying we shouldn't give up either, all I'm saying is why take the easy way out when problems are meant to teach us lessons? Why give up just for the sake of avoiding pain?
To laugh is to risk appearing a fool. To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. To reach out to another is to risk involvement. To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self. To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."  (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment