21.12.10

feeling blue

So I was listening to a presentation by my fellow classmates, a part of me was trying to focus on what they say and another part of me, however, can't help but to let my eyes wander. I was obviously trying to take mental pictures of the whole class, some of them have been in the same tutorial class as I am for almost 3 years now and it just hit me, that one day, when I'm busy working my ass off trying to make ends meet, or maybe one day when I'm all set with family of my own, the memories would come and I'll be missing this time. I will absolutely miss university life, like I am missing my high school life right now. It's such a weird feeling, you know, that feeling bittersweet memories always bring out. It's kinda like you want to travel back to those times and probably live in that time because you know at the back of your mind, no matter how hard it was back then, you've gone through it, and survived. And if you could, you would probably choose to stay forever because you are scared that the future won't turn out to be as sweet as it was in the past. But remember, as days go by, things will slowly change, it could be good or bad, but at the end of the day, everything will unfold, the lies and the truths that no one wanted to talk about. Soon, everything good will fall into the right place and if things are meant to be, it will be. 
Reminiscing the old times are good but it takes you nowhere, if anything, it merely brings out regrets (and maybe a little smile on your face) but you'll find yourself walking backwards while the most important thing you need to do is to move forward and create new memories.
So take more pictures, laugh at lame jokes, appreciate the moment as if all of them will be taken away one day, because they will. Say whatever things you want to say and don't forget to tell the people you love how much they mean to you, but remember, it's not because you want to hear the "I love you too" it's because you know that when you say "I love you", you make them feel appreciated and loved and they will remember you for the rest of their lives.
I've learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. -Maya Angelo
photosource

No comments:

Post a Comment