cindymonica tagged me on this blog award (thanks!!) and then I am supposed to write 10 things about myself. Well the problem why writing this post is taking so long is that I thought I know everything about myself, I thought writing 10 things wouldn't be a problem, you know.. but really, it took me a while and a whole lot of reflecting back to finally realize that I don't know anything deep about myself. I'm confused about which things or decisions I made that would perfectly describe who I really am, and I guess this really gives me the so-called epiphany of how ignorant I am about myself. So anyway, here goes the list of 10 things I know about myself:
1. I have tried ice skating and disco skating and...failed miserably.
2. My ideal date would be staying at home watching some action movies with home cooked or delivery foods.
3. I am not a very sociable person. In fact, sometimes I am concerned about my propensity of being comfortable alone. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy it, if anything, being alone so far has given me nothing but more time to reflect.
4. Speaking of loneliness, sometimes my bitter self would believe that it's better to be alone because then I would have nothing/no one to lose.
5. I have ignored a person trying to talk to me by faking a phone call.
6. I've learned that the "getting in touch" doesn't really work out in a friendship or relationship unless we are best friends or we really have things to discuss about. Other than that, I think distance does matter.
7. My daily routine now consists pretty much of sleeping, working, and eating.
8. My all-time favorite song is Maroon 5's Sunday Morning. The music and lyrics are just so perfect.
9. I am rather cynical when it comes to reading books/novels. I dislike reading those novels with predictable story lines, but I'm impressed with the growing number of talented Indonesian writers nowadays.
10 It's safe to say that Ika Natassa's Divortiare is one of my most prized possessions, and it just amazes me how I could relate to different things every time I read that book.
And here goes the 5 blogs I'm tagging in no order whatsoever:
Chapter of LifeScatterbrainJennifer SohWei LingMonica Cuaca
Looking forward to knowing more about you!
Those two words “Dear Emma” take me away to another time when we used to write to each other after Mom and Dad died. I used to tell you about my new friends and my new life. And you used to tell me about the grand time my mom and dad were having in heaven.
Truth is nothing. What you believe to be true is everything. And the main thing that I used to believe was that I would be with you forever. Forever.The reason it has taken me so long to write to you is that I see that I have been a fool. I’ve spent my life fooling myself.
Every letter I’ve ever written to you has been a love letter. How could they have been anything else? I can see now that all of them except this one were bad love letters. Bad love letters beg for love back. Good love letters ask for nothing. This, I’m pleased to announce is my first good love letter to you because there is nothing more for you to do. You’ve already done everything. I have enough of you in my head to last forever. So please don’t ever worry about me. I’m peachy. I really am. I have everything.
If I had one wish it would be that your life brings you a taste of the happiness you have brought to me. That you can feel what it’s like to love.
Your friend forever,