31.3.11

the enigma of life.

The truth, in a nutshell, might sound harmless. Of course. It's something definite, a hard undisputed fact that will sooner or later be revealed. It's something people seek, demand and wait for because well, they know it's the only thing real. I, on the other hand, was not a great fan of the truth. I believe I was reluctant to find out the truth about something as I couldn't see why I shouldn't take it for granted. Some things are better left unspoken. I used to believe that the truth is incapable of changing feelings or perspectives, you know, why should it be when we only believe what we want to believe?
The thing is that sometimes this "defense mechanism" of mine can't really save me from those disappointments, regrets and well, heartbreaks. The truth can sometimes hit us right in our insecurities and maybe that's why many people (people like me) prefer something delicate, painless (hopefully) and inoffensive like making up reasons, excuses, fake expectations and all. But what's amazing is that no matter how painful and uncomfortable knowing the truth can cause, deep down in some hidden corner of this complicated mind, I know that the truth is the only thing keeping myself intact. I used to be afraid of knowing the truth, I used to hide myself from the truth, praying hard that it will finally decide to mess with someone else's life, but who am I kidding? I can't always have all the things the way I want it to be, I can't change what's already meant to be, sometimes I can only let go, accept the truth as it is while crossing my finger, hoping that someday, it will all make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment