10.1.11

you've got mail

Dear you,
This post is dedicated to you. 
First off, I would like to thank you, for everything. The good, the bad and the joy I felt in-between. It was such an adventurous ride, I should admit, the journey of you and I. I don't dare to use "our" journey here because you see, I'm not quite sure of whether we were heading to the same direction in the first place. Well, I don't blame you, of course, for the things that happened between us and I personally don't want to point my finger at you because I should be the one to blame, too. So if anything, it is the unsupportive situation that we should be blaming. 
Secondly, I would also like to thank you for the past few years, mainly for your companionship and willingness to put up with all my grumbles, my persuasive requests on where to have our dinner, my fluctuating mood, my introversion, and basically all my crap. 
With the opportunity given, I would also like to apologize for telling my friends mostly (and perhaps only) about the negative side of our story. This is in case some of them are questioning your worthiness of my time, effort and well, love. So I hereby profess that you were, after all is said and done, definitely worth it. In fact, this whole blog would not exist if somehow you had not decided to enter my life. 
Thirdly and most importantly: Congratulations, we've made it. We've told a totally different side of this so-called love story where in the perfect world, everyone has their happily ever after. You and I have somehow shown them that love isn't all about sweet talks, those candy-colored gifts and fairy tales. It's about making choices. We could be the example of how love could go wrong when it feels so right (at least to me), or perhaps the infamous failure case everyone we know would talk about. But then again, I would never want the story to go the other way because it wouldn't be real, would it?
I learned that happiness does not come from a smooth ride and most of the time, it doesn't always offer you a breathtaking view. Indeed, the journey would has its ups and downs, wrong turns, and dangerous gorges in-between. But I should also not forget to tell you that along the way, I am thankful for the smiles, giggles, even the laughter from just the thought of our inside jokes, and of course, of the countless silly fights between us. 
This post is important to me because it made me realize that I've always equalized being content with all those good things and memories that make me happy while in fact, bad memories play a significant role as well; and somehow we must keep them in balance because too much happiness is not good, too. 
I know that forgetting you is not a good solution to my problem, but that doesn't mean I  should force myself to always remember you. No, there'll be no essence of pressure nor will there any longer be expectations in my mind. So, I would remember you when I remember you and I would forget about you when I forget about you. 
At the end of the day, it comes down to one thing: If we are meant to be, we will eventually be; if we are not, well, thanks for sharing the past few years of your life with me.
Love,
NM 

No comments:

Post a Comment